In this workshop, we are going to learn how to knit a cute little bear with the amigurumi technique. With this technique, we can knit toys seamlessly and customize them to our liking. I will also guide you on how to knit clothes for the bear. And how you can use the main pattern to create clothes with a perfect fit. We will also explore how to give the bear personality by adding accessories or embroidery, imagination is the limit. Knitting dolls can be very fun because it is a small but very entertaining project. You can also try many new techniques without committing to a project as big as a garment. As usual in my workshops, I will explain the techniques in the Portuguese, Continental, and English knitting styles.
- work a magic ring cast-on;
- how to shape the pieces with increases and decreases;
- how to knit the entire doll seamlessly;
- how to knit the smaller pieces: ears and snout;
- how to sew the pieces to the bear’s body;
- how to embroider the nose, secure the safety eyes (or embroider them), and all the details that give your bear personality.
Yarn and knitting needles to go with the chosen yarn (recommended DK to worsted weight yarn).
You should know how to cast on, bind off, work basic stitch patterns, increase, decrease, and knit in the round small circumferences (magic-loop or DPNs).
English (Spanish and Protuguese)