Are you looking for a new and unique crocheting technique? Originating in Portugal, this technique is poised to take the crafting world by storm. Unlike traditional crocheting, the Portuguese style involves working with the yarn around your neck, providing a more comfortable pace and unique ergonomics. You don’t rotate your wrists, and achieve most stitches with only a flick of the left thumb. It’s a game-changer in the world of crochet! It can help prevent injuries that may occur when crocheting for extended periods. And for crochet beginners, it guarantees a more even tension in your work, resulting in a polished finished product. The Portuguese crocheting style is an exciting and innovative way to elevate your crocheting game. With its ergonomic benefits and polished finished product, it’s no surprise that many crafters embrace this technique. Try it out for yourself and see why the Portuguese style may become your new go-to way to crochet!
- introduction to Portuguese crocheting style, how to wrap the yarn around the neck (or a knitting pin) and adapt your posture;
- basic techniques: chain, single crochet and double crochet;
- basic increases and decreases;
- practice following a crochet stitch chart;
- how to crochet in the round in Portuguese style;
Yarn and a crochet hook to go with the chosen yarn (recommended DK to worsted weight yarn).
English (Spanish and Protuguese)