in austria and the bavarian region of germany, knitters are famous for making finely knit garments decorated with intricate patterns of traveling twisted stitches.
Students will learn the fundaments of this old tradition.
- structure of the bavarian twisted stitches.
- how to read the older bavarian charts.
- work samples of this technique
previous experience in cable knitting preferred, also know how to work with double-pointed needles or magic loop.
- 4mm circular needles (to work magic loop) or dpn’s if preferred
- 50 g of dk yarn in a light color
- stitch markers and scissors